DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: LEGAL & SOCIAL JUSTICE PROGRAMME
Post holder reports to: Asst. Program Manager – Buruburu
Staff reporting to this post: None
RCK MISSION: To protect and promote the rights and dignity of refugees and other forced migrants through enabling programmes on legal aid, advocacy and awareness creation.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide legal advice and procedural support to the organization on issues relating to and affecting displaced persons as well as administrative legal matters in an effective and efficient manner.
- Offering interpretation/translation services for clients during Legal aid clinics.
- Opening physical files for new clients and tracing physical files for clients following up there cases.
- Filing documents in clients’ files.
- Giving telephone feedback to clients who require urgent feedback on their cases or any other necessary information.
- Coordinating other translators contracted by RCK.
- Attending and translating in Court proceedings and in police stations/prison visits when required to translate.
- Making requisitions for stationery to be used at the Buruburu Office.
- Front office activities when required to do so.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education plus 2 years’ minimum relevant experience.
- Must be of Kenyan Nationality
- Must be a pro-active learner
- Experience working with an NGO/Humanitarian field an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili.
- Fluent in Somali or Oromo language
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally. The job may sometimes require long hours.
Skills and qualities:
- A team player with capacity to relate well with staff and clients Emotionally mature and must be able to work under pressure.
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Be flexible and reliable.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and self discipline
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts, to be received by 5.00pm, Monday 24th April 2017. Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Recruitment Committee Subject Line: “Application for A Translator in Nairobi“ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org