DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: LEGAL & PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAMME
LANGUAGES: Amharic, Dinka, Nuer, Oromo, Tigrinya and Somali
Post holder reports to: Asst. Program Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
RCK MISSION: To protect and promote the rights and dignity of refugees and other forced migrants through enabling programmes on legal aid, advocacy and awareness creation.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide legal advice and procedural support to the organization on issues relating to and affecting displaced persons as well as administrative legal matters in an effective and efficient manner.
- Offering interpretation/translation services for clients during Legal aid clinics.
- Opening physical files for new clients and tracing physical files for clients following up there cases.
- Filing documents in clients’ files.
- Giving telephone feedback to clients who require urgent feedback on their cases or any other necessary information.
- Coordinating other translators contracted by RCK.
- Attending and translating in Court proceedings and in police stations/prison visits when required to translate.
- Making requisitions for stationery to be used at the Buruburu Office.
- Front office activities when required to do so.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A high school certificate.
- Proficiency in the language you are applying for, English, and Swahili.
- MUST BE A REGISTERED REFUGEE WITH A REFUGEE ID CARD
- Must have community leadership and mobilization skills.
- Added advantages include a certificate in translation, being a native speaker, and having multi-lingual ability beyond the 3 required languages.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally. The job may sometimes require long hours.
• Professionalism: Ability to keep client information confidential.
• Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills.
• Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their daytime contact to the address below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Recruitment Committee
Subject Line: “Application for (Amharic, Oromo etc) Translator“
The Recruitment Committee,
Refugee Consortium of Kenya,
Haki House, Ndemi Close Off Muringa Road,
P.O. Box 25340-006303.