DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT
Post holder reports to: Human Resource Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
RCK MISSION: To protect and promote the rights and dignity of refugees and other forced migrants through enabling programmes on legal aid, advocacy and awareness creation
JOB PURPOSE: To provide efficient services in the delivery and collection of letters and parcels on behalf of the organization as well as facilitating transportation of staff and authorized visitors on official duties.
-Transport RCK supplies, properties and staff safely and securely to Nairobi and other regions in Kenya as may be required.
– Ensure proper management of the assigned motor vehicle so that no damage is caused to the motor vehicle due to negligence/recklessness.
– Ensure that motor vehicles are well maintained and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the motor vehicle.
– Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are mechanically sound. Any electrical and mechanical faults must be reported to the supervisor for repair.
– Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate times, as well as refuelling.
– Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor.
– Maintain a motor vehicle travel log, record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
– Dispatch parcels, letters and other documents to their rightful destinations as assigned and maintain accurate log of all parcel deliveries and collections.
– Physically strong to lift heavy loads when required.
– Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
– Ensure compliance to proper traffic rules governing road usage in towns.
– Running errands for RCK as allocated.
– Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
– Secondary Education plus 2 years’ minimum relevant experience.
– Posses a valid clean driving license (preferred) with AA certification for class B and current certificate of good conduct.
– In-depth knowledge of routes within the regions in which RCK operates. Good geographical knowledge of Nairobi and its environs.
– Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili.
– Must be a safety conscious person.
– Should have basic knowledge of mechanical skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally. The job may sometimes require long hours.
Skills and qualities:
– A team player with capacity to relate well with staff and clients
– Emotionally mature and must be able to work under pressure.
– Be honest, respectful and trustworthy
– Be aware about both personal and public safety. Should be alert
– Be flexible and reliable.
– Demonstrate sound work ethics and self discipline
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with detailed Curriculum Vitae
indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their
email contacts, to be received by 5.00pm, Monday 18th March 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
Subject line: “Application for A Driver in Nairobi“