DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT
Post holder reports to: Programme Manager (Dadaab)
Staff reporting to this post: None
RCK MISSION: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide efficient services in the delivery and collection of letters and parcels on behalf of the organization as well as facilitating transportation of staff and authorized visitors on official duties.
-Transport RCK supplies, properties and staff safely and securely to Nairobi and other regions in Kenya as may be required.
– Ensure proper management of the assigned motor vehicle so that no damage is caused to the motor vehicle due to negligence/recklessness.
– Ensure that motor vehicles are well maintained and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the motor vehicle.
– Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are mechanically sound. Any electrical and mechanical faults must be reported to the supervisor for repair.
– Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate times, as well as refuelling.
– Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor.
– Maintain a motor vehicle travel log, record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
– Dispatch parcels, letters and other documents to their rightful destinations as assigned and maintain accurate log of all parcel deliveries and collections.
– Physically strong to lift heavy loads when required.
– Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
– Ensure compliance to proper traffic rules governing road usage in towns.
– Running errands for RCK as allocated.
– Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
– Secondary Education plus 2 years’ minimum relevant experience.
– Posses a valid clean driving license (preferred) with AA certification for class B and current certificate of good conduct.
– In-depth knowledge of routes within the regions in which RCK operates. Good geographical knowledge of Nairobi and its environs.
– Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili.
– Must be a safety conscious person.
– Should have basic knowledge of mechanical skills
– Must be a RESIDENT OF DADAAB.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally. The job may sometimes require long hours.
Skills and qualities:
– A team player with capacity to relate well with staff and clients
– Emotionally mature and must be able to work under pressure.
– Be honest, respectful and trustworthy
– Be aware about both personal and public safety. Should be alert
– Be flexible and reliable.
– Demonstrate sound work ethics and self discipline
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts, to be received by 21st July 2021.
Send your application to: The Recruitment Committee,
Subject Line: “Application for the position of a Driver (Dadaab)
Or Drop physical applications to at the gate of DMO Dadaab.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
*This contract is strictly upto December 2021.