DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
LOCATION: KAKUMA OFFICE
Post holder reports to: PROGRAMME MANAGER – KAKUMA working closely with the Finance and Administration Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
RCK PURPOSE: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for preparing financial reports, maintaining cash controls, posting accounting entries, maintaining accounts and ensuring proper implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
• Manage cash flow for Kakuma sub-office including transfers from the main office, payments and staff disbursements.
• Account for RCK assets in Kakuma and ensure up to date records including periodic asset verification reports are in place.
• Verify all supporting documents for authenticity before entering them in the accounting software system.
• Posting of Journals as directed by the Finance & Administration Officer.
• Ensure all suppliers and RCK liabilities in Kakuma are paid in good time.
• Ensure that high quality donor reports for Kakuma are provided in a timely manner.
• Charged with ensuring compliance to donor and statutory obligations for Kakuma sub-office.
• Accounting for all staff advances given in the Kakuma office and also for ISD functions and events.
• Participate in internal and external audits for the organization as well ensuring that all the requirements for Kakuma sub-office on the same are provided on timely basis and free of errors and mistakes.
• Support the Kakuma Programme Manager in administration work eg. office logistics, Flight bookings, staff welfare issues, leave management, asset insurance etc.
• Support the Finance & Admin Officer in preparing monthly, quarterly, year-end reports and any other donor reports. Ensure that Kakuma Sub-office submits the same reports for consolidation with the RCK Nairobi office, in a timely manner.
• In charge of filing of finance and admin documents for Kakuma Sub-office.
• Ensure implementation of accounting policies and procedures in Kakuma sub-office
• Induct and train other staff on finance and admin matters.
• Assist in other general duties as allocated by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounts, Finance, or related course from a recognized university
- Professional qualification CPA-2 or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience with a similar size organization in industry, or from practice.
- Knowledge and experience in use of accounting software packages.
- Experience working with I-tax, NHIF byproduct, and the NSSF portal.
- Proven experience in a fund-based accounting work.
- Working knowledge MS Office with an intermediate level of knowledge of Excel. Having worked with ERP especially Office Business Central will be added advantage.
- An ability to write clear and concise reports; very good spoken and written English.
The Job is complex, sensitive and stressful. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel.
• Work on their own initiative and within the larger Finance/ISD team
• High level of honesty, integrity and sense of confidentiality
• Initiative, excellent organizational ability, with attention to details and accuracy
• Show the desire for new and challenging tasks.
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to work within deadlines
• Good team player
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts, to be received by 5pm, Friday 18th November 2022. Send your application to: The Recruitment Committee, Subject line: “Application for Accountant/Admin. Assistant Kakuma”
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.